Here are tips and interesting recommendations so you can keep a bike and further enhance your safety and that of your vehicle when you ride on the road. Let’s look carefully each and every one of these tips. We present three different blocks.
Tips for keeping a bike
- Periodic maintenance of bicycles.The periodicity’s up to you and will relate to the use that will give your bike. Did you use every day? How many kilometers do? For that you use? Is road, mountain, city? It is important that you can ask yourself all these questions that will help you decide how regularly apply these tips.
- Before leaving home.Have you checked the tire pressure? These and other questions will warn you of the most important aspects that can not be neglected before heading out on your bike.
- When you come home.Has Messed bicycle much? Do not forget to wash it and leave it ready for the next day.
Periodic maintenance of bicycles
We can not ignore that the bicycle is a means of transport and is an object that requires a certain care. In the same way that a car or motorbike must make them eg periodic washing, bicycles do not have to be different. As you test your car battery, you must check the status of bicycle chain. There go point by point the recommendations we offer so you can keep the bike:
- It is important to keep the chain in good condition, as well as dishes and pine nuts.The chain can be cleaned without disassembly, using a spray indicated for it with rags will suffice. As you may have noticed, there are links between the pins, whereas lubricated. Note that if the plates or pinions are worn, will be replaced.
- Should check that there are no cracks or fissures in the box, tires and rods.Wash your bicycle with wet rags is a way to provide corrosion. Remember that when washing the bike is preferable to avoid bearing zones.
- Check tightness of all parts: fixing screws and nuts, the brake is loose, cables, bridges and rear suspension pivots.
- It is important to keep the wheels aligned and check the tires are centered.Tires should be cleaned periodically and is accumulated dirt can pass the brake shoes, if they are very worn, it is important they could be changed. It is therefore advisable to clean with a cloth with alcohol.
- Regarding the guide pulleys is important to lubricate the bearings and seals which are among the derailleur, rear and front.There are also greased bars suspension forks, bellows and not forgetting the inside thereof. When you’re greasing suspension forks is important that you can check the air pressure.
- A triple bushings is advisable to keep up with the application of a few drops of oil.
- There are bicycles that have the saddle leather and they require special care.There are special soaps for leather but can be done with fat leather